Title: "Design Methodology for Revolutionary Aerospace Concepts"
Sponsor: NASA Langley
Objective: To research physics-based conceptual design frameworks that will support the creation and analysis of novel aerospace vehicle concepts.
Desired features of such a framework:
- Supports the creative power of multidisciplinary, interactive design teams
- Integrates decision-makers into the design process
- Based on rapid-turnaround, variable-fidelity physics-based analysis and simulation
- Can handle unconventional configurations
- Deals with uncertainty
- Produces robust, top-level optimized designs